To accompany the arrival of the BMW R18 First Edition in dealerships, Bleu de Chauffe and BMW Motorrad France are launching a “Heritage” capsule collection with 5 exclusive bags.
The bags in this collection (the ‘Bivouac’ Kit bag and the ‘Éclair R18’ Mailman bag) have been designed for bikers – wherever they go, whatever the weather. The materials have been carefully selected for their strength and waterproofing. For example, flaps cover the stitching to keep the rainwater out, and the ‘Mailman’ bag has a flap which covers the edges and protects the bag’s contents.
The ‘Kit bag’, with its timeless style, is a classic travel bag for all occasions.
This 100% vegetable tanned leather version has been specifically designed to be water and fade resistant, and is made from 2mm-thick leather, hand-polished for a definitively unique style.
It can be carried across the chest with the strap or by the leather handles.
Fixings to attach the bag to a motorbike luggage rack or saddle are not provided. The customer is free to choose their own secure fixings.
Made in France.
While 90% of the leather produced in the world is tanned using chrome or heavy-duty chemical agents, Bleu de Chauffe has decided to go against the grain, choosing the only alternative manufacturing process: vegetable tanning, a natural method which makes the leather more hard-wearing and gives it a natural look and feel, as well as a beautiful shine over the years.
- Full-grain vegetable tanned hand-polished leather, water-resistant: specifically designed to be water and fade resistant.
- Natural, soft finish.
- Sanded velour finish on the reverse side.
- Removable leather strap with felt-lined shoulder pad.
- Leather handle for comfort when carrying by hand.
- Removable zipped inside pocket in cotton canvas.
- Hot-stamped with the BMW Motorrad x Bleu de Chauffe logo.